Friday, September 11, 2009

it is fun being being Julia Child

I challenge everybody to do a Julia Child Project. I am reading the book Julie and Julia and I have also watched the movie. Ever since I watched it on tuesday I have been craving one of her meals( no I am not preggers). one recipe came to mind Beef and red wine sauce. On thursday I had the day off and I was dterminned to get the recipe. I went to Coles Bookstore to find her book "Masterinng the Art of French Cooking", but of course they were out, but I did not stop there. There happened to be a book about her french cooking techniques,and that recipe was in there, so i bought it and ordered the other cook book( It has 750 pages in it). After that was all done , I went to the Farmers Market and bought fresh veggies and went to the grocery store to get the rest of the ingredients. If you are familar with Julia at all, she cooks with wine, alot( well it is french cooking). I have never cooked with wine ever( I do not even drink it!)

I did it! I cooked the recipe! it took all afternoon, But I did it. It is supposed to take two and a half hours,but I was not used to cooking this way( It was actually a cooking lesson). My husband came frm work, he said when opened his van door he smelled the food instantly. I felt so awesome I did something Idid not do before, and it was so rewarding. Everbody (even my kids) loved it. The taste was heavenly!!!! Every body needs to cook with wine! I felt so good about myself, I cooked a lovely meal that my family all enjoyed( something that has not happened in a long time). I was was so busy with everything , it controlled me, and becuase of that it took away the simple pleasure of cooking for my family. My kids told me that missed my cooking! So people do not let todays trials control you. You will lose out on something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment